- avacados, fresh -slightly soft to the light squeeze
- cloves garlic, minced
- onion, minced
- tomato, diced
- jalapenos, fresh diced
- lime, halved
- cilantro, fresh to be chopped
- salt, fine
- black pepper, ground
How to Make Bowden Guacamole
- 2Slice avacados lengthwise into halves, allowing your knife to just follow avacado seed -do not try to cut through it. Place avacado between you hands holding each side give a twist, and one side will release it's hold from the seed. Now take your knife, smack the seed with it, the knife should get stuck in the seed, twist knife, and seed will let go, and come out of avavado still attached to the knife. Sounds more complicated than it is!
- 3Use a spoon to scoop all of the insides out of one avacado, and place in the bowl. With a butter knife cut the other two halves into squares withOUT cutting the skin of the avacado. You should run your knife 2 times lengthwise, and 4-5 times crosswise depending on how big of chunks you want. I usually do 4.
- 4Now it's time to add jalapeno. For no heat use no jalapeno, for mildest mince the jalapeno, and add a quarter of it, for hot add a half diced, for extra hot use whole jalapeno deseeded, and diced, extremely hot leave in the seeds, and dice (WAY to hot for me!) Add to your bowl.
- 5Mix all of your ingredients well, lightly mashing avacado as you do. When ingredients are pretty equally distributed throughout the bowl -Stop. You want texture! It's what will set it a part as fresh tasting, & looking.
- 7Add 1/2 C. Of fresh fine chopped cilantro to bowl. Please adjust this to your tastes. It should be noted the quality, and freshness of both the cilantro, and other ingredients will affect how much cilantro each time. Around about a half cup is a good starting point.
- 81/2 tbs. Salt is also a good starting point, as this is also to taste. But for low sodium can be ommited entirely.
- 91/2 tbs. Black pepper is a good start, and much like the cilantro & salt is going to be to taste & affected by your other fresh ingredients. Especially true in no cook recipes. You have to taste as you go.
- 11Fold in avacado pieces scooped out of last two halves with a spoon.
- 13P.s. dice onion, and tomato, mince garlic, omit avacado, and season the same to make pico de gallo ;)