CREAM STYLE CORN FOR FREEZING
How to Make CREAM STYLE CORN FOR FREEZING
- Scald 1 1/2 inch ears of corn for 6 minutes, 2 inch diameter ears for 8 minutes, and larger ears for 10 minutes. Drain and cool 10 minutes. Cut off kernel tips.
- An easy method of positioning the corncob for cutting is to place the cob upright in the center of a angle food or bundt cake pan. if one of these pans is not available any dish will do.
- Slice kernels from cob into the pan, cutting as closely as possibly to the cob. Using the back of the knife scrape the pulp and milk from the cob.
- Pack the corn into freezer containers leaving 1/4 inch head space mashing once or twice with the back of a spoon, depending upon consistency.
- If added richness is desired, the cob may be boiled for 20 minutes in a large pan. The cobs should be removed and the water reduced to about1/4 of the original quantity by boiling off.
- This water may be used to cover the corn in the freezer container, after it has completely cooled