Crimson Slaw (Quick, easy and impressive!)
Although it's perfect for summer grilling, the addition of cranberries makes it a colorful addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas buffet.
I originally found this recipe in Midwest Living magazine.
- cup olive oil
- tablespoons sugar
- tablespoons red wine vinegar
- tablespoons red wine, optional
- tsp. salt
- tsp.freshly ground black pepper
- tsp. dry mustard
- cups shredded red cabbage
- 6 oz. pkg. dried cranberries
- medium red onion, thinly sliced
How to Make Crimson Slaw (Quick, easy and impressive!)
- 1For Vinaigrette: In screw top jar, combine oil, sugar, vinegar, wine (if using), salt, pepper and mustard. Cover and shake well.
- 2In large bowl, toss together cabbage, cranberries and onion. Pour vinaigrette over cabbage mixture; toss gently to coat.
- 3Cover and chill for 2-24 hours. Makes 6 servings.