- 1 1/2 c
- dried pinto beans (or 1 15 oz can precooked beans, rinsed and drained)
- 4 c
- brown rice, raw
- olive oil
- large onions, finely chopped
- cloves of garlic, crushed
- carrots, finely chopped
- 2/3 c
- parsley, chopped
- 5-6 tsp
- dried basil
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 c
- 1 c
- or more grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Parmesan Rice and Beans
- 1Using your favorite method, cook pinto beans until tender. Try this method for a quick method that eliminates the need for overnight soaking.
Best Quick Method for Cooking Dried Beans
If you want to shorten the time and effort, feel free to substitute about 1 15 oz can of precooked pinto beans, rinsed and drained.
- 2Cook brown rice with 2 tsp salt, using a rice cooker or on your stove top.
- 3While beans and rice are cooking, in the bottom of a large pot, saute onions, carrots, and celery in oil over medium heat until onion is golden.
- 4Add parsley, basil, oregano and garlic and saute for about another minute, being careful not to let the garlic burn. Remove pot from heat until beans and rice have finished cooking.
- 5When beans and rice have finished cooking, place pot with vegetable mixture over medium heat and add tomatoes, salt, pepper, and cooked beans.
- 6Add butter and cheese to the cooked rice. Then add to the beans and vegetable mixture and combine.