1 cquinoa uncooked
1 1/2 cstock ( vegtable, chicken , beef your choice)
3 -4 clovegarluc
1black beans, canned ( rinsed and drained)
1 can(s)corn drained
1 can(s)diced tomato
2 Tbspchili powder
How to Make Mexican quinoa
- Heat oil in large skillet and add chopped garlic, diced jalapeno and onions. Cook around 3 minutes. You don't need to cook them down much
- Add stock .. In a pinch 2 boulion cubes and 11/2 cups of water can be used just fine.
- Add quinoa and stir
- Add remaining ingredients corn , beans, tomatoes and spices
Exception lime keep that untiill serving
- Stir well bring to boil reduce heat to low cover and cook 20 minutes or until quinoa is done. Stirring once or twice during cook down
- You can get creative here if you like. Add in a cup of cooked chicken. Pork or beef. Stir and heat through
Toss on a sliced avocado.
Or just eat as is.
Once plated squeeze a wee bit of lime juice for an extra pop.