Avocado Enchiladas Vegetarian Style with Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce
- 1/2 medium
- sweet yellow onion (chopped)
- garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 stick
- 1 c
- silver (clear) tequila (use good)
- 1/2 bunch
- cilantro whole - stems and all
- 1 pt
- heavy cream
- 1 medium
- juice from lime (or 2) if small
- 1 can(s)
- green chili (chopped and drained)prefer hatch
- 4 large
- haas avocados (sliced)
- 1 c
- sour cream
- salt to taste
- lime juice
- pico de gallo (fresca)
- 1 pkg
- corn tortillas
- cooking oil or olive oil
- shredded lettuce
- crema (mexican sour cream)
CILANTRO LIME CREAM SAUCE
I PREFER PATRON
REGULAR SIZE CAN ADD SALT TO TASTE
SHREDDED MEXICAN MELT CHEESE
How to Make Avocado Enchiladas Vegetarian Style with Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 375° use a 9x13 baking pan.
Take 1/2 of a yellow or white onion and 3 fresh garlic cloves crushed. In a small pot over medium-high heat melt 1/2 stick of butter and add in the onion, drained green chili, and garlic. Stir constantly until the onion is translucent. Next add in 1 cup of silver Patron. Continue cooking over medium-high heat until the liquid is reduced by 75%. You want to make sure all of the alcohol has been cooked off. Now add in 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro whole - stems and all. Add 1 pint of heavy cream (do not substitute with regular milk because it will not thicken enough). Cook over the heat stirring with a whisk constantly – this will make the sauce begin to thicken. After about 10-15 minutes or so, remove from the heat. Run the sauce in the blender and pour back into pan to keep warm.
- 2Ripe Avocados – ripe ones push in with your thumb where it has released from the stem and pushes in easily.
- 3Enchilada insides: Slice Avocado's slightly thin to medium. place in bowl and sprinkle with lime juice, set aside...Now in a small skillet heat cooking oil or olive oil. Place tortilla up in oil only cook long enough to heat while still soft...When tortilla starts to curl (totally covered by oil)remove tortilla from oil and place on dessert saucer with paper towel to drain...Using a 9x13 cake pan, spoon in just enough Enchilada Sauce to cover the bottom of pan with a thin film.
- 4Place about a spoonful of sour cream smoothed out on tortilla, and 3 Avocado slices, a spoonful of pico de gallo, salt to taste, shredded cheese. Roll and place in pan with seam side down. Continue to roll till the pan is full.
- 5Pour a thin amount of sauce on top, sprinkle the top with shredded cheese. Place in a 375° oven until the sauce begins to bubble and cheese is melted.
- 6Remove from oven and Sprinkle cheese on top and shredded lettuce and fresca, Mexican crema, and chopped cilantro. Using a spatula remove the individual Enchiladas onto your plate. Then pour some more of the sauce over them and enjoy!