Pioneer Woman's Cowgirl Quiche
I love quiche and needed to use some leeks that I had leftover that needed to be cooked so this was a perfect recipe to use that up.
There is just something magical that happens when you combine mushrooms, leeks and prosciutto!
If you don't have this cookbook, I highly suggest you get one. Her recipes are practical and delicious. I liked this one and think you will too.
- 16 oz
- white mushrooms, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 2 medium
- leeks, washed thoroughly and chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 2 c
- swiss cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 8 slice
- prosciutto (thin slices-rough chop) or good ham
- 9" pie crust or crust for a deep dish pie
How to Make Pioneer Woman's Cowgirl Quiche
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Place quartered mushrooms on a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3Finely chop the cleaned leeks. Saute them over medium heat in butter for 8-10 minutes (or until they begin to brown slightly and caramelize).
- 4In a bowl, whisk the eggs and cream together, stir in the cooled mushrooms, leeks, cheese, prosciutto, salt and pepper
- 5Pour into a pie shell, cover loosely with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 400. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.
- 6Remove from the oven and allow it to sit 10 minutes before cutting.
(*a variation she provides but I didn't do includes stirring in 2 tablespoons of Pesto into the quiche mixture before baking.)