La Posta Green Chile Enchiladas from Mesilla, NM
When I visit family in the lower 48 I bring back frozen red and green chile for just this reason--Canned chile is NOT the same as fresh.
I hope you love this like we do.
- corn tortillas...please use yellow, softened in oil
- 1 lb
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- green chiles, roasted, peeled and chopped or 2 large cans
- 2 - 14.5 oz
- cans diced tomatoes
- 1 medium
- onion, diced fine
- 2 small
- garlic cloves, or garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- water to cover
How to Make La Posta Green Chile Enchiladas from Mesilla, NM
- 1Shred cheese and set aside in a separate bowl.
- 3Meanwhile soften corn tortillas in hot oil and drain on paper towels.
- 4Place 1/4 of the green chili sauce on the bottom of a large baking dish. Over the top of the softened tortilla place some cheese (or chicken if you are using meat--add some cheese) and roll. Put on top of the sauce. Continue layering and cover with the rest of the green chile sauce. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until bubbly.