Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
My 14 year old grand daughter was over helping me cook and we made this recipe. She saw all the great ingredients that she liked put into it (except the cabbage, or so she thought).
When is was ready and I served me some she said "Can I try a bite?"
WOW, really? She never says that. Guess what, she had 2 helpings and loved it.
So that just goes to show you how good it is.
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef i used 80/20 so there would not be much grease
- 1 large
- onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c
- green onion tops, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic, minced
- 1 medium
- green cabbage, chopped
- 2 can(s)
- diced tomatoes with garlic & onions (14.5 oz each)
- 1 can(s)
- tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
How to Make Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 1In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onions and garlic and continue to cook until meat is no longer pink.
- 2Add cabbage, diced tomato's, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and parsley. Simmer over a medium heat until cabbage is tender.
- 3I served mine over cooked white rice. I also added the left over ingredients to some vegetable soup I was making, and it was delicious.