Awesome Lasagna sans Cheese
Andy Anderson !
What is lasagna? Well, it’s noodles, a meat sauce, and lots and lots of cheese. You’ve got cheese between each layer, cheese on the top… cheese, cheese, and more cheese. Don’t get me wrong, I love cheese, but in this lasagna, the meat sauce is the star of the dish. And, we’re even using gluten-free noodles.
So, you ready… Let’s get into the kitchen.
- 1 large
- zucchini, (8 ounces) washed, not peeled, and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 2 medium
- carrots, (8 ounces) washed, peeled, and shredded on a box grater
- 1 medium
- onion (10 ounces) outer skin removed and shredded on a box grater
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- dried thyme leaves
- salt, kosher variety, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 pinch
- red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 pinch
- cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 lb
- ground sirloin
- 14 1/2 oz
- whole peeled plum tomatoes, or equivalent fresh tomatoes.
- 8 oz
- tomato sauce
- 6 oz
- almond meal lasagna sheets, or equivalent regular sheets