Tipsy Cherries (Made With Fresh Cherries)
My recipe using jarred maraschino cherries will follow in the comments section. So easy and delicious!
- cups washed, fresh cherries unpitted
- cup sugar
- brandy, whiskey, bourbon, vodka or rum
How to Make Tipsy Cherries (Made With Fresh Cherries)
- 1Fill quart canning jar with cherries. Add sugar. Fill with liquor and seal securely with lid and band.
- 2Shake every couple of hours until sugar dissolves.
- 3Store in a cool, dry spot for at least a month. Tip the jar upside down and back again occasionally. You can eat them at any time, but the longer they sit, the better they get.
- 4Makes a beautiful gift tied with a pretty ribbon and gift tag, especially when you have been invited to a party or as a hostess gift.