15 Minute Gourmet Strawberry Shortcake Croissants
I was getting ready to bake the base for my strawberry shortcake when I spied the bag of croissants on the counter... and the rest is history.
My family absolutely loved the change and asked me to prepare them like this from now on. Once plated, top with additional whipped cream and confectioners' sugar.
- 6 large
- croissants from your local bakery
- 2 pt
- fresh strawberries
- 4-6 Tbsp
- sugar, to taste
- 1 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp
- confectioners' sugar, additional for decorating top
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make 15 Minute Gourmet Strawberry Shortcake Croissants
- 1Clean, and slice strawberries. Add desired amount of sugar and stir. Let sit on counter at room temp. until they become slightly juicy and sugar dissolves.
- 2Slice a pocket in each croissant, not slicing all the way through. Set aside.
- 3In glass bowl, whip whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Add 3 T. of confectioners' sugar gradually and 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- 4Open croissant and add a generous layer of sweetened whipped cream. Top with strawberries. Close croissant slightly and top with additional berries, whipped cream and a dusting of confectioners' sugar.