Sweet buttery Brandy Snaps
- 1/2 c
- 1/3 c
- brown sugar light or dark packed
- 1/2 c
- dark corn syrup
- 2 tsp
- brandy, vanilla, or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger
- 3/4 c
- buttered round spoon handle or other round utensil
- ramekins for molding tiny bowls for ice cream
- 1 Tbsp
- brandy or vanilla
- 3 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
- 1 c
- whipping cream
- vanilla ice cream optional to serve in brandy snap bowls
How to Make Sweet buttery Brandy Snaps
- 1Heat oven to 350 degree's.
Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or grease well.Parchment works better.
- 4Drop 3 -4 teaspoons full of mixture on to sheet pan. Space 3-4 inches apart. Do not bake more than that at a time. They will run together. Bake 5-8 minutes until golden brown. Cool no more than minute. Pick up a cookie and wrap around handle and slide off. Place on rack to cool.,work quickly. You can lay over small ramekins to make bowls as well.
- 5If cookie gets to hard before you wrap it around handle. Place it back in oven for a minute to soften and try again.Place in covered container until ready to fill. You can make these a couple of days ahead of filling them. To fill
Beat cream and powdered sugar in a chilled bowl until stiff. Fold in the Brandy.