Best of Show White Bread
2 pkgdry yeast, 1/4 oz. each
1/2 cwater (to dissolve yeast)
2 1/2 Tbspbutter (for dough)
6 1/4-61/2 call purpose or bread flour
4 Tbspbutter (used when bread comes out of oven)
How to Make Best of Show White Bread
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 c. warm water.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, salt, 2 cups water and 2 1/2 T. butter. Stir in yeast mixture.
- Gradually add flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Place in greased bowl, cover and let rise for approx. 2 hours.
- Punch down and divide in 2 and form loaves.
- Place in 9x5 greased pans. Let rise until dough rises above pan. About 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Rub butter on top of loaves. Remove bread from pans and cool on wire racks.