Best of Show White Bread
- 2 pkg
- dry yeast, 1/4 oz. each
- 1/2 c
- water (to dissolve yeast)
- 1/3 c
- 2 tsp
- 2 c
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- butter (for dough)
- 6 1/4-61/2 c
- all purpose or bread flour
- 4 Tbsp
- butter (used when bread comes out of oven)
How to Make Best of Show White Bread
- 1Dissolve yeast in 1/2 c. warm water.
- 2In large bowl, combine sugar, salt, 2 cups water and 2 1/2 T. butter. Stir in yeast mixture.
- 3Gradually add flour to form a soft dough.
- 4Turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth.
- 5Place in greased bowl, cover and let rise for approx. 2 hours.
- 6Punch down and divide in 2 and form loaves.
- 7Place in 9x5 greased pans. Let rise until dough rises above pan. About 2 hours.
- 8Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Rub butter on top of loaves. Remove bread from pans and cool on wire racks.