Linda Faye Lober
I loved going for soup, salad and that glorious piece of cornbread.
Looking through some of my favorite cookbooks and found this scribbled amongst my recipe notes.
How to Make Tippins Cornbread
- 1preheat your oven to 400 degrees
Bake for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees for 15-22 minutes
- 2Mix boxed ingredients, gently stir
- 3add remaining ingredients and fold in until all is moistened and incorporated
- 4Have a Greased 9" X 13" x 2" pan prepared
If you choose to have a really tall piece of cornbread, then use a 8 x8 x 2 pan that has been thoroughly greased.
- 5Pour bowl ingredients into pan and Bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees then15-22 minutes at a reduced heat of 350 degrees.
Test with toothpick as ovens vary, when toothpick comes out clean.
Serve warm with honey butter, soup or salad