Linda Faye Lober
I loved going for soup, salad and that glorious piece of cornbread.
Looking through some of my favorite cookbooks and found this scribbled amongst my recipe notes.
- 1 box
- duncan hines yellow cake
- 2 box
- jiffy corn bread mix
- 2 large
- 2/3 c
- sweet milk whole
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
How to Make Tippins Cornbread
- 1preheat your oven to 400 degrees
Bake for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees for 15-22 minutes
- 2Mix boxed ingredients, gently stir
- 3add remaining ingredients and fold in until all is moistened and incorporated
- 4Have a Greased 9" X 13" x 2" pan prepared
If you choose to have a really tall piece of cornbread, then use a 8 x8 x 2 pan that has been thoroughly greased.
- 5Pour bowl ingredients into pan and Bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees then15-22 minutes at a reduced heat of 350 degrees.
Test with toothpick as ovens vary, when toothpick comes out clean.
Serve warm with honey butter, soup or salad