Eleanor's Butterhorn Dinner Rolls (Crescent)
How to Make Eleanor's Butterhorn Dinner Rolls (Crescent)
- 1combine milk, shortening, sugar and salt. Allow to cool to lukewarm
- 2When lukewarm add yeast then the beaten eggs stirring slowly til all combinded
- 3Add flour and mix to a soft dough
- 4Knead lightly on a floured surface an place dough in a large greased
- 5Place Dough in a greased bowl, cover and let rise until it has doubled in bulk.
- 6Divide dough into 4 quarters. Roll each quarter into a 9 inch circle. Cut circle into wedges like a pie. ( Cut in half, quarter turn and cut in half again. Then cut each quarter in half so it looks like a pie with 8 pieces)
- 7Brush with melted butter
- 8Roll each wedge shaped piece starting with the wide edge and rolling to ta point .
- 9Arrange on a greased cookie sheet tucking the very tip slightly under and pull the ends slightly together so the shape is slightly curved like a croissant.
- 10Brush the top with melted butter, cover with clean towel and let rise again. My mom wrote rise until light. They increase in size by about 1/3.
- 11Bake a 400 degrees for about 15 minutes until golden brown.