Cuban Bread (Pan Cubano)
Andy Anderson !
Here is the basic recipe for making Cuban bread (Pan Cubano). The main difference between this and white bread is the use of lard. This gives the bread more stability, and it browns up nicely when pressing.
So, you ready… Let’s get into the kitchen.
- 4 c
- all-purpose flour, sifted (i use anson mills)
- 4 tsp
- white sugar, granulated variety
- 2 tsp
- salt, kosher variety
- 2 1/4 tsp
- yeast, instant or active is fine
- 3 Tbsp
- lard, fresh, if you know where to get it (fresh is good)
- 1 1/4 c
- filtered water, warmed to 105f (40c)