Yummy Homemade Yeast Bread & Pizza Dough
How to Make Yummy Homemade Yeast Bread & Pizza Dough
- Open your packet of yeast and pour into 3/4 bowl of warm 'Not hot!' Water.
Add water with sugar, temperature should be slightly above warm-not cool or hot.
- Add salt to the flour.
Sprinkle 1st. Only 1c. Flour then stir slightly. adding small amts of the remaining room temperature water with ea. cup of flour.
Then add oil. gently lifting your flour with spoon.
- Work your flour by gently stirring from bottom to top in lifting motions. When moistened completely Stop!
Dust with small amt of flour to prevent the dough from sticking to hands or sides of bowl while rising.
- Sit covered bowl in warm place to rise. Check back in 1-1/2 hrs. And knead flour by fingers pressing holes into it and lifting, turning over and patting closed repeatedly working air into the dough approx 5 minutes. Don't over work! Then return to warm place to rise a 2nd time.
- After 2 hrs repeat the process of kneading. Not too much but enough to poke holes for more air into the dough which should spring back upon touch. If using this dough for pizza dust hands and dough with flour. Pat and stretch dough flat to fit baking pan. Otherwise...
Cover and allow to rise a 3rd time.
- 3rd rise: In 1-1/2 hrs return to risen dough. Divide it into 2 lg. balls and bake. No need to butter the top as that prevents the crusting. If butter preferred bake an additional 10 minutes. =40 min.