★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 loaf1 loaf frozen (16oz.) bread dough, white or wheat , your choice. thawed
1 16oz bag(s)frozen chopped broccolli , thawed
1 smallonion finely chopped
1 lbshredded cheese ( cheddar)
1 largeegg ,beaten
1 Tbspcrushed garlic
a few pinchsalt and pepper
·for eggwash - 1 tablespoon water + 1 egg beaten (reserve for later)
How to Make Brocolli pinwheels
- Thaw all frozen ingredents
- Chop broccoli into very fine chop.
I use my food processor.
- Squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the broccoli. (I use a clean kitchen towel, put the broccoli in the middle, gather up the edges and wring out over the sink.)
- Mix broccoli and all other ingredents, except dough and eggwash. Set aside.
- With sharp knife cut dough in half horizontally, (resembeling a book.)
- Cut each side of dough again horizontally
- Place the 4 pieces of dough, long sides touching, to form a rectangle. Press sides together. Pat dough to even out thickness.
- Spread broccoli mixture evenly over dough.
- Starting from the longest side , roll into a jelly roll, pinching long edge closed.
- Cut into rounds about 1-1 1/2 inch thick and place directly into a buttered pan.
- Let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake at 350* 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. > NOTE< brush with eggwash - 1 Tablespoon water mixed with 1 egg - 5-7 minutes before done.