- 1 loaf
- 1 loaf frozen (16oz.) bread dough, white or wheat , your choice. thawed
- 1 16oz bag(s)
- frozen chopped broccolli , thawed
- 1 small
- onion finely chopped
- 1 lb
- shredded cheese ( cheddar)
- 1 large
- egg ,beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- crushed garlic
- a few pinch
- salt and pepper
- for eggwash - 1 tablespoon water + 1 egg beaten (reserve for later)
How to Make Brocolli pinwheels
- 1Thaw all frozen ingredents
- 2Chop broccoli into very fine chop.
I use my food processor.
- 3Squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the broccoli. (I use a clean kitchen towel, put the broccoli in the middle, gather up the edges and wring out over the sink.)
- 4Mix broccoli and all other ingredents, except dough and eggwash. Set aside.
- 5With sharp knife cut dough in half horizontally, (resembeling a book.)
- 6Cut each side of dough again horizontally
- 7Place the 4 pieces of dough, long sides touching, to form a rectangle. Press sides together. Pat dough to even out thickness.
- 8Spread broccoli mixture evenly over dough.
- 9Starting from the longest side , roll into a jelly roll, pinching long edge closed.
- 10Cut into rounds about 1-1 1/2 inch thick and place directly into a buttered pan.
- 11Let rise until doubled in size.
- 12Bake at 350* 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. > NOTE< brush with eggwash - 1 Tablespoon water mixed with 1 egg - 5-7 minutes before done.