Spicy Roasted Eggplant Dip
3 mediumanaheim peppers
1lemon juice, fresh
1 cdried mint leaves
1/2 cfresh cilantro
1 pinchsalt or more to taste
1 pinchdried saffron
1 bunchroasted garlic
2 tspchili powder hot red
8 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Spicy Roasted Eggplant Dip
- Preheat oven to aobut 425 and roast eggplant and Anaheim peppers for about 45 minutes to an hour---turning frequently. Slit eggplant a few times with a knife or fork before roasting
- In food processor place all other ingredients and blend until nice and smooth.
- When eggplant is done let cool for about 10-15 minutes and then place in a collander in the sink and and spray with ice cold water for a minute or two. Let cool for another 5-10 minutes.
- After the eggplant is thouroughly cooled, strip the skin and discard the skin. I save just a couple pieces of the skin for the blender though. Place all the remaining pulp in collander and press all the water out with a round small plate.
- Place strained pulp in blender and blend with other ingredients. After well blended taste and salt or add more oil, lemon juice etc. Place in a tupperware with a lid and add some more olive oil and paprika to the top and refridgerate overnight. Serve with pita bread, chips or crackers.