Pappa al Pomodoro (Tuscan Tomato Soup)
Andy Anderson !
Via della Chiesa Artimino, near Carmignano has the best I've ever had in Tuscany.
It's a small unassuming place, and you might just miss it as you drive by; however, make the stop because the cuisine is incredible.
But bring cash, because the last time I was there they still didn't accept credit cards.
So, you ready... let's get into the kitchen.
- 28 oz
- canned good whole peeled tomatoes, like cento
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- fennel seeds
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- salt, kosher variety, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 4 sprig(s)
- basil and remember, always cut fresh basil with your hands, never with a knife or scissors
- 6 oz
- stale tuscan bread