Killer Squash and Zucchini Soup
- 2 medium
- onions, diced
- 5-6 large
- cloves garlic, halved and sliced thin
- 1/2 large
- red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 - 1 stalk(s)
- celery, diced
- 1 medium
- zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 small
- squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 6-7 oz
- sliced fresh mushrooms, or 4 oz canned, drained
- 1 qt
- heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- dried basil (1 1/2 t fresh minced)
- 1 Tbsp
- dried chives (1 1/2 tsp fresh chopped)
- 2 tsp
- creole seasoning (tony cacherie's)
- salt to taste
How to Make Killer Squash and Zucchini Soup
- 1Saute onions, garlic, bell pepper and celery in butter for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add zucchini and squash and saute until it starts to get tender.
- 3Reduce heat to lowest setting and add mushrooms, heavy cream, sherry, basil, chives and creole seasoning. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stir occasionally. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- 4If vegetables are not completely tender let simmer until they are soft but not mushy.
This is always better the next day so try to wait until tomorrow to eat it if you can.