Moms potato soup
2 largeham hocks
1 largeonion (diced)
1 stalk(s)celery (diced)
6 largepotatoes (diced)
2 smallcarrots (diced)
2 Tbspflour (heaping)
1recipe ( kenufflies)
How to Make Moms potato soup
- In large soup kettle put ham hocks cover completely with water.
- Add onions, celery, potatoes, and carrots.
- Cook on low on stove top till veggies are tender.
- remove ham hocks set aside till cool enough to handle, remove ham from bone.
- Remove veggies from heat and drain half of water off veggies . Set aside.
- In sauté pan melt butter, add flour and mix continue cooking for about 2 minutes. Add milk a little at a time till mixture thickens.Remove from heat.
- Return veggies and water back to stove top add ham from hocks.Add milk mixture and cook on low, till hot.
- In sauce pan make Kenufflies according to recipe just before serving add to soup.