1 can(s)(14 oz) organic tomatoes (diced or whole)
1small onion, peeled and grated or cut into very small pieces
2 clovegarlic, peeled and sliced
1 1/2 pt(750 ml) water or vegetable stock
2bay leaves, dried
1/2 tspfresh ground pepper
1/2 tspsalt, sea or kosher preferred
1 can(s)(14 oz) green lentils, drained
1 Tbspred wine vinegar
1/2 tspdried oregano or a small handful of fresh oregano, chopped
How to Make Lentil Soup
- Blend the tomatoes and their juice until very smooth.
- In a large pan, cook the onion and garlic in 6 TBSP water until soft and the water has evaporated.
- Pour in 1.5 pints (750 ml) of water/vegetable stock then add the tomato sugar, bay leaves and salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and cook for 10-15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the canned, drained lentils, vinegar and oregano. Heat until hot.
- Check for seasoning before serving. Add salt, pepper, vinegar or oregano as needed. Remove bay leaves before serving.