Fish & Garlic Soup
It makes a great meal when served with a crusty bread and some fruit.
I hope you will enjoy.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·2 tbsp olive oil
·1 onion, finely chopped
·3 - 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
·4 large tomatoes, peeled, diced
·1 bay leaf
·1 tsp fresh marjoram or oregano
·1/16 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
·6 cups fish stock or water
·1 - 1 1/2 lbs fish (seabass, sole, rockfish)
·1/2 cup white rice
·salt and pepper (to taste)
·1/2 large lemon, juiced
·lemon wedges and chopped parsley for garnish
How to Make Fish & Garlic Soup
- Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil in a large pot, until soft and golden.
- Add the tomatoes, bay leaf, marjoram or oregano, mint and fish stock or water and bring to a boil.
- Add the fish and reduce the heat and simmer until the ﬁsh meat is white and soft.
- Take the fish out and if it has any bones remove them, set fish aside until needed.
- Now add the rice and boil until the rice is tender.
Once the rice is tender you can add the fish back into the pot, season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.