JALAPENO POTATO SOUP WITH HAM
5 lbpotatoes, russets peeled and cubed
8 cchicken broth
1 tspcumin, ground
1/2 cjalapeno peppers coursly chopped
1/4 tspbaking soda
4 cevaporated milk
·sour cream green onions chopped
2 slicethick cut ham
How to Make JALAPENO POTATO SOUP WITH HAM
- In a large stockpot, saute onion in butter until tender
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, and cumin then cover and cook until potatoes are tender about 20 to 30 minutes. Chop slices of ham in cubes add to potatoes and chicken broth.
- Remove from heat and add jalapenos with liquid ( BAKING SODA TO PREVENT CURDLING ) and evaporated milk
- Coursly mash potatoes in the pot with potato masher.
- Stir well, then season with salt and pepper return to heat and simmer for 15 minutes stirring frequently.
- Garnish individual servings with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped green onions.