JALAPENO POTATO SOUP WITH HAM
- onion chopped
- 1/4 c
- 5 lb
- potatoes, russets peeled and cubed
- 8 c
- chicken broth
- 1 tsp
- cumin, ground
- 1/2 c
- jalapeno peppers coursly chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 4 c
- evaporated milk
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- sour cream green onions chopped
- 2 slice
- thick cut ham
How to Make JALAPENO POTATO SOUP WITH HAM
- 1In a large stockpot, saute onion in butter until tender
- 2Add potatoes, chicken broth, and cumin then cover and cook until potatoes are tender about 20 to 30 minutes. Chop slices of ham in cubes add to potatoes and chicken broth.
- 3Remove from heat and add jalapenos with liquid ( BAKING SODA TO PREVENT CURDLING ) and evaporated milk
- 4Coursly mash potatoes in the pot with potato masher.
- 5Stir well, then season with salt and pepper return to heat and simmer for 15 minutes stirring frequently.
- 6Garnish individual servings with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped green onions.