I speak from experience yuk to Greek yogurt in this recipe.
Using a food processor helps speed the grating along and will be much cleaner process than hand grating.
- 2 qt
- beef broth
- fresh beets- grated (canned does not work)
- carrots- grated
- 4 clove
- garlic minced
- potatoes- peeled and cut in ½ inch cubes
- 1 large
- head cabbage- chopped
- 1/2 c
- fresh baby dill-chopped (do not use dry)
- 28 oz
- can diced tomato with juice
- 2 Tbsp
- sour cream
- additional fresh baby dill-chopped for serving
- 1/4 c
- vegetable or canola oil
How to Make Ukrainian Borscht
- 1Sauté together all ingredients except broth and sour cream until soft in a little canola or vegetable oil.
- 2Add broth and cook at simmer 1-2 hours
- 3Serve with more fresh baby dill and sour cream dallop.