Crunchy Avocado Fries
Healthy, quick, and easy, with a wow! What more could one ask of a recipe for 1 or 16? Easily doubled or tripled, make as many as you want, maybe a couple of different versions or a few different dips.
Mine did not last even long enough for pictures, so thanks to Pinterest.
- 3/4 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated to powder consistency, if desired, leave out for vegan
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper, if desired, to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- mild chili powder
- 2 Tbsp
- flax seed, ground
- 1/2 tsp
- onion salt
- 1 large
- egg, beaten well in wide, flat, small bowl
- 2 medium
- ripe avocado, per every 4 servings, (can use 3 small)
How to Make Crunchy Avocado Fries
- 1Preheat oven to 400℉.
Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper , or oil pan, or spray with a vegetable oil cooking spray.
- 2In a small, shallow bowl, beat egg well, set aside.
In a medium shallow bowl, mix together the Panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese if using, the cayenne, garlic powder, chili powder, ground flax seed, onion salt.
Peel, core, and slice the avocados into 16 slices. Place them one at a time into well beaten egg, and then into bread crumbs, tossing and pressing crumbs into avocado (don’t toss all in a bag, so as not to break up the avocado).
- 3Place on the lined baking sheet. Brush with oil, or spray the slices with the vegetable oil cooking spray. ( I just use oil for the recipe, lightly coating slices with a silicone brush).
- 4Bake at 400℉, for 10 to 15 minutes, until coating is crispy. (will be a bit golden). Remove from oven and serve.
Serve with a favorite creamy dipping sauce, or two, to just hot sauce to taste.
**Can be made gluten free by using GF Panko crumbs. May salt lightly, but with onion salt, and parmesan in coating, they should be salty enough.
Two avocados serve four, but double or triple the recipe for a crowd pleasing appetizer, or snack!