MARY'S OUTSTANDING CARAMEL CORN
- 5 qt
- popped yellow corn (about 1-1/4 c unpopped)
- 2 stick
- 2 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- white karo syrup
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
How to Make MARY'S OUTSTANDING CARAMEL CORN
- 1Pop the popcorn and place on a baking sheet in a 250-degree oven to keep warm while making the syrup.
- 2In a saucepan, combine next four ingredients and cook to the "hard ball" stage. Add baking soda; stir well. Batter will foam.
- 3Pour the syrup over the warm popped corn and mix well, coating all the corn.
- 4Bake corn in a 250-degree oven for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Pour out onto waxed paper to cool. Break apart and enjoy!
- 5NOTE: Buy fresh yellow corn and keep in refrigerator or freezer prior to making. May also add Spanish peanuts to the syrup just before pouring. The secret of this caramel corn is to keep the popped corn warm while making the syrup.