Old Fashioned Baked Rice Pudding
- 1 to 1 1/2 c
- sugar (add the larger amount if you prefer it sweeter)
- 1/4 tsp
- nutmeg (heaping)
- 3 large
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- whole milk
- 3 c
- cooked rice
- 1 c
- raisins or your favorite fruit
How to Make Old Fashioned Baked Rice Pudding
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9 X 13 baking dish with butter, set aside.
- 2In a small bowl whisk sugar and nutmeg together to remove any lumps. Set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, add eggs and beat well. You don't need to use a mixer, you can do this by hand with a whisk. Add the sugar and nutmeg mixture and whisk again until smooth. Add melted butter, vanilla and salt and whisk until smooth.
- 4Add 1/2 cup of of milk and whisk thoroughly. Add remaining milk and whisk. Stir in rice and fruit and pour into prepared baking dish.
- 5Bake for 30 minutes; Stir from the bottom to distribute fruit and rice evenly through pudding. Bake for another 30 minutes or until set. Serve warm plain or with whipped cream or your favorite topping. Refrigerate leftovers.