How to Make Horehound Cough Drops
- Boil the horehound leaves in the 2 cups water for 10 minutes. Discard the leaves.
- Add twice as much honey as the remaining liquid and stir until smooth.
- Blend 2 cups of sugar with 1/8 tsp. of cream tar-tar in a sauce pan and add the horehound honey mixture.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar melts
- Lower the flame and continue stirring till a dollop of the candy forms a hard ball when dropped in cold water
- At that point, pour syrup onto a buttered baking dish and cut into small squares, As candy begins to harden.
- Finally, roll in confectioners. sugar and granulated sugar. And store in airtight container