Old Fashion Pinto Beans
How to Make Old Fashion Pinto Beans
- 1Pick out the bad beans and any little stones from the dry beans. Wash really well in cold water. Put beans in at least a 4 qt bowl, add 2 teaspoons of salt and add water up to the top of the bowl. Let set overnight in a cool place (not in the frig)
- 2In the morning, drain off the water and rince beans well, (you can see that they have swollen at least twice the size that they were.) Fill bowl of beans back up with water til you are ready to cook them.
- 3When ready to cook,cut bacon slices in fourths and place bacon, beans, and the water the beans are now in, in a 6 qt pressure cooker and add enough water to come up to 1 1/2 inches from the top.
- 4Place lid on pressure cooker and make sure its closed good. Put the cooker weight on. Turn burner on med/high heat. When the pressure gets built up the weight will start to jiggle. Turn down the burner to just above medium and start timer for 30 minutes.
- 5After pressuring for 30 minutes take cooker off the burner and let cool enough to remove the weight and carefully open the cooker. Beans should be done and the juice creamy. Taste and add the other 1 teaspoon of salt if you want to!
- 6Note* Leftovers are great to make refried beans with.