Hot and Sweet Corn Relish
- 9 c
- corn kernals, either fresh or thawed frozen (2 two lb bags if using frozen)
- 4 c
- onions, vidalia, chopped
- 2 c
- red and green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 c
- finely chopped jalapeno peppers (adjust for personal preference)
- 3 c
- apple cider vinegar (minimum 5% acidity)
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- kosher salt
- 2 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1 tsp
- celery seed
- 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- red pepper flakes (optional)
How to Make Hot and Sweet Corn Relish
- 1Sterilize jars and keep warm. Immerse lids and rings in very hot water and leave them there until you're ready to use them.
- 2Combine corn, onions, bell peppers, hot peppers, vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard, celery seed, turmeric and red pepper flakes (if using) in a large, non-reactive pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 3Fill the hot jars with the relish leaving 1" head space, run a small spatula around the inside of the jars to remove air bubbles and wipe rims and jar threads with a damp paper towel. Please lids on jars and tighten rings to fingertip tightness.
- 4Lower jars on a rack in the canner using a jar lifter. Make sure the jars are covered with at least 3-4 inches of water. Return to a boil and boil gently for 15 minutes.