Grandma Sadie's Peas, New Potatoes and Cream Sauce
- 1-1/2 c
- new potatoes, scrubbed - dice the larger pieces into1 1/2" chunk
- 2 c
- shelled fresh peas (can use frozen)
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- 3/4 c
- milk or half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Grandma Sadie's Peas, New Potatoes and Cream Sauce
- 1Shell the peas, scrub the potatoes
- 2Boil the potatoes to almost done (soft). Remove from water with a slotted spoon. Add peas to the boiling water. Cook 3-5 minutes....only until slightly soft. You still want a little crunch on them. Remove with a slotted spoon to the potatoes.
- 3Drain the water from the pan. Add the butter to melt. Add the flour to the melted butter and stir to make a roux. Add milk to make a gravy. Add salt and pepper to taste. This needs to be thin enough to coat the peas and potatoes.