Down Home Vegetable Salad
- 2 jars
- pickled okra (cut into quarter inch rounds)
- 1 lrg bag
- frozen sweet corn
- 1 pint
- cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bottle
- zesty italian dressing
- any other vegetable (ie. artichoke quarters, fresh broccoli and/or cauliflower)
- measurements in this recipe are only suggested, they may all be varied to suit your taste. this makes a large marinated salad!
How to Make Down Home Vegetable Salad
- 1Thaw corn in collander under cold running water, drain. While corn is draining, chop okra. Mix corn and okra in large bowl. Halve tomatoes and add to corn mixture. Chop and add whatever fresh vegetable appeals to your taste. (I say fresh, but personally like to add canned artichoke heart quarters! Black olives and button mushrooms are other canned favorites.)
- 2Shake dressing well and add to salad a little at a time, stopping to stir and taste. Stop when it tastes good to you!