Greek Dilled Peas, Potatoes & Carrots
I find it to be easier when using frozen peas, even when in season. Fresh peas can be substituted for the frozen, though, but not canned. This is my family's & my favorite vegetable dish. Hope you try it and enjoy a good healthy Greek meal.
Kali Orexi! Have a good appetite!
- 1/2 c
- olive oil
- green onions, finely chopped
- carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 lb
- potatoes, cut into chuncks or small round
- tomatoes, grated
- 1 c
- 1 bunch
- large, dill (about 1/4 lb) finely chopped (or 5-6 tablespoons of dried dill weed
- 2 lb
- frozen peas
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Greek Dilled Peas, Potatoes & Carrots
- 1In a saucepan, saute the green onions in the olive oil until transparent. Add the carrots & potatoes saute for a couple of minutes. Then add the peas & dill, saute for another 4-5 minutes. Finally add the tomatoes and water.
- 2Simmer, half covered for about 30 minutes or until peas are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. At this point you should have a nice thick tomato sauce. Season with salt, pepper to taste.
- 3Serve hot or at room temperature with Feta cheese on the side if you like. Don't forget the fresh bread to dip in the yummy tomato sauce.
Kali Orexi! Enjoy!