SCOTTISH BUBBLES AND SQUEAK PATTIES
Recipe & photo: allrecipes.com
- 1 lb
- potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 c
- shredded cabbage
- carrot, grated
- onion, chopped fine
- 1 tsp
- prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make SCOTTISH BUBBLES AND SQUEAK PATTIES
- 1Boil the potatoes over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain and mash; set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine the cabbage and carrot, adding just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and stir into the mashed potatoes, along with the onion, mustard and Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Shape the mixture into 4 patties. Heat a greased grill pan over medium-high heat and place the patties in the pan. Grill until heated through and golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.