This is Dib's recipe originally posted to Recipe Zaar which has changed names and hands a few times so brought Dib's great technique here not only for safe keeping but so others could enjoy her wonderful technique which I highly recommend.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
How to Make Dib's Quinoa-Toasted
- Pour 1 cup quinoa into a fine strainer and rinse thoroughly under cool water-this will get rid of it's natural, bitter coating. I find this method helpful too-pour quinoa into a medium bowl, add cold water and swish around with your hand. Place a unbleached coffee filter into your strainer, then drain off the quinoa. It's a lot less annoying this way as the tiny grain won't get stuck in your strainer.
- Put rinsed quinoa into a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook, shaking the pan for around 15 minutes or until the quinoa reaches a golden brown.
- Remove from heat and pan and cool.
- Store in a clean jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Keeps for up to 1 month.