Unfried French Fries
How to Make Unfried French Fries
- 1Preheat oven to 400/.
- 2Slice each potato lengthwise into 1/4 inch ovals, then slice lengthwise into thin french fry strips.
Place french fries in a bowl of ice water to crisp.
- 3Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or the new nonstick foil, and coat the foil with a few sprays of the cooking spray.
- 4Combine the egg whites and the Cajun spice or Old Bay Seasoning in a bowl.
- 5Add the potatoes and mix to coat. Pour the coated potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet and spread them out into a single layer, leaving a little space between them.
- 6Place the baking sheet on the bottom shelf of the oven.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the fries are crispy and done, turning them every 5 minutes or so with a
spatula so that they don't stick to the foil and brown evenly.
- 7Serve immediately.