PEACH BARBECUE SAUCE WITH ADOBO SAUCE BY EDDIE
- 8 c
- ripe peaches
- 1 c
- jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 c
- onions chopped
- 1/3 c
- garlic finely minced
- 11/4 c
- 3/4 c
- cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- dry mustard
- 2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- liquid smoke and 1 tblespoon adobo sauce
- dried ancho chilies seeded and deveined
- dried guajilla chilies seeded and deveined
- 2 tsp
- peeled and minced ginger
- 3/4 tsp
- ground cumin
- 11/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
HOMEMADE ADOBO SAUCE:
How to Make PEACH BARBECUE SAUCE WITH ADOBO SAUCE BY EDDIE
- 1Put all ingredients into a blender, work in batches. Puree until smooth.
- 2Pour the pureed mixture into a large size saucepan simmer 25 - 30 minutes
- 3Pour hot sauce into hot sterile jars allowing 1/2 inch head space removing any air bubbles.
- 4Wipe the rims of the jars with a clean cloth. Top with lids and rings finger tight.
- 5Transfer jars to a boiling water bath canner and process 15 minutes. Remove from water and allow to cool12 to 24 hours. Check seals
- 7Combine the anchor and guajillo chilies in a large bowl and add plenty of cold water to cover. Let them soak until soft about 30 minutes.
- 8Place the soaked chilies in a blender along with the ginger, cumin salt and pepper
- 9Blend until very smooth, stop every few minutes scrape down the sides with a spatula and stir to make sure everything is getting Pureed add water as needed,
- 10Scrape the puree into a small bowl if you intend to use it or into a jar with a tight fitting lid. Keeps 4 month in the freezer.