How to Dry Herbs in the Refrigerator
bunchfresh herbs (such as sage, rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, parsley, tarragon, mint etc...)
·cold water for washing herbs
·twist ties, rubber bands or tape to close ends of packets
·marker or ink pen
How to Make How to Dry Herbs in the Refrigerator
- Lay clean kitchen towel(s) or a layer of paper towels on work surface.
- Inspect herbs and remove, and discard, any leaves or spots that appear brown or blemished.
- Pat herbs dry with paper towels; leave on towels to continue to air-dry for up to 1 hr.
- Tear off several sections of new paper towels; place on work surface.
- Remove leaves from stems; discard or repurpose stems.
- Write name of herb and the date on the bundle.
- Place bundles on highest shelf in refrigerator for approximately 2 weeks.