How to Dry Herbs in the Refrigerator
- fresh herbs (such as sage, rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, parsley, tarragon, mint etc...)
- cold water for washing herbs
- paper towels
- twist ties, rubber bands or tape to close ends of packets
- marker or ink pen
How to Make How to Dry Herbs in the Refrigerator
- 1Lay clean kitchen towel(s) or a layer of paper towels on work surface.
- 3Inspect herbs and remove, and discard, any leaves or spots that appear brown or blemished.
- 4Pat herbs dry with paper towels; leave on towels to continue to air-dry for up to 1 hr.
- 5Tear off several sections of new paper towels; place on work surface.
- 6Remove leaves from stems; discard or repurpose stems.
- 11Write name of herb and the date on the bundle.
- 12Place bundles on highest shelf in refrigerator for approximately 2 weeks.