Rhubarb Raspberry Jam
No pectin needed for this delicious jam! I buy as much rhubarb as I can when it is in season, vacuum seal and freeze it. Along with Rhubarb Cobbler and Strawberry Rhubarb pie, this jam is a favorite!
How to Make Rhubarb Raspberry Jam
- 1Combine rhubarb, raspberries and white grape juice in a large pot. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until rhubarb is tender (approximately 15 minutes.)
- 2Once rhubarb is tender, add sugar and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer until reduced to desired consistency, stirring occasionally. For me, this takes 45 minutes.
- 3Skim foam as needed. When jam is nearly done, stir in 1 tsp butter. This will help keep the foam down.
- 4Submerge rings and lids in a bowl of very hot water and set aside. DO NOT BOIL LIDS.
- 5Ladle jam into hot, sterilized jars leaving 1/2-1" headspace. Run a small spatula around the inside of each jar to remove air bubbles. Carefully and thoroughly wipe the rims of the jar clean. Place the lids and then rings, tightening until fingertip tight.
- 6Process jam in a boiling water bath for approximately five minutes. Remove jars to a clean towel away from direct sunlight. Let rest for 12-24 hours.
- 7Test lids for adhesion. If lid did not take, refrigerate or reprocess jam. Otherwise, store canned jam in a dark cabinet. Will keep for one year.
About Rhubarb Raspberry Jam
You May Also Like:
Show 3 Comments & Reviews