Grandma's Pot Le Gel
Wooden utensils are recommended to avoid oxidization. sugar-n-spiceandeverythingnice.com/....
- 1 medium
- 1 tsp
- oil (i suggest olive oil, it's healthiest. start with 1 teaspoon. another recipe we found says 4-5 tablespoons. you may not need all of that.)
- 1 medium
- onion (finely grated, or finely chopped)
- 3 large
- garlic cloves, mashed (the amount you use is to your preference)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Grandma's Pot Le Gel
- 1Microwave until soft.
I don't recall the exact microwaving time, but I recommend starting with five minutes and then another five, then another, until it will slightly 'sink' in it's appearance. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- 2After cooking, cut the green tips off. Peel the skin, cut in half and scoop out the seeds.
I remember my grandmother using a grapefruit spoon for this.
- 3Mash the meat in a bowl. Use a little olive oil. Start with 1 teaspoon.
- 4Add salt, pepper, onion, and garlic (optional).
- 5Cover, chill and serve with crackers or matzoh. This makes an excellent accompaniment alongside your vegetable trays!