SWEET-TART ORANGE SLICES
How to Make SWEET-TART ORANGE SLICES
- Select oranges with unblemished skins. Simmer whole oranges in enough water to cover, simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain, cool and slice fairly thin
- Combine sugar, water, and spices. Bring to a boil. Add the orange slices and simmer for 20 minutes, remove cinnamon sticks
- Spoon orange slices into 6 hot pint jars. Pour on cooking liquid to cover.
- Place 2 or 3 cloves from liquid in each jar. Seal and refrigerate. Makes 6 pints