Incredible Asian Salad With Chicken
Hope it becomes a favorite of yours too!
We double recipe for large gatherings.
- 1/3 c
- sliced almonds
- 1/4 c
- chow mein noodles
- 2 tsp
- sesame seeds
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil (don't use olive oil)
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- white wine vinegar (not white vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 8 c
- torn iceberg and romaine lettuce
- diced red onion, optional
- strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- prepared breaded or grilled chicken breast strips, optional (i add the chicken for a main course. otherwise we leave it without for a dinner side salad.)
How to Make Incredible Asian Salad With Chicken
- 1Combine almonds, chow mein noodles and sesame seeds in a baking pan. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- 2In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Shake well.
- 3In a large bowl, toss lettuce, red onions (if using) and bacon.
- 4Just before serving, add almond mixture and dressing; toss. If using as a main course, warm chicken and place on top of a bed of this delicious salad.