Tomatillo-Avocado Salsa Verde
2 lbtomatillos, fresh
1 cchicken stock (or 1 c hot water and 1 tsp chicken base (ex: better than bullion)
1 smallchopped white onion
1 Tbspminced garlic
1/2 ccilantro, fresh
1 Tbspfresh lime juice
3 - 4avocados
2jalapeno peppers or serrano peppers (remove seeds and white membrane for less heat)
·garlic salt to taste
How to Make Tomatillo-Avocado Salsa Verde
- Remove papery husks from the tomatillos and rinse well.
- PREFERRED: IP Method Put 1 cup of chicken broth in pressure cooker; add tomatillos; secure lid and set Manual/pressure cooker time to 3 minutes. Remove lid carefully. Put tomatillos and liquid into blender.
- Boiling Method Place tomatillos in a saucepan, cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove tomatillos with a slotted spoon and place in blender. Add 1 c chicken broth.
- Pulse in blender: Place lime juice, onions, garlic, cilantro, chili peppers and avocados in a blender or food processor and pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped and mixed..
- Season to taste with salt and cool in refrigerator.
- Serve with chips or as a salsa with any of your favorite Mexican dishes.