2 largeavocados, firm and ripe
2 Tbsplime juice (not lemon!)
4 oz can(s)green chilies, diced
1 tspminced garlic
2 Tbspgrated onion
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 largeripe roma tomato
6-8pcs sun dried tomato, optional
How to Make Guacamole Ole`
- Cut the tomato in half, scoop out the gooey seed center. With a sharp knife, cut the tomato into very small bits, being careful not to mush it. Place the chopped tomato bits on a paper plate, and blot carefully with a paper towel to remove any excess wetness. Set aside.
- Peel an onion and grate it on the smallest side of a box grater. This will produce a watery onion mush. Place 2T. into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add chilies, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- OPTIONAL: If you want to kick up the tomato essence in the guacamole, mince several pieces of sun dried tomato and stir it in.
- Peel avocados, and mash on a plate with a fork, with the lime juice.
- Add the mashed avocado and lime juice mixture to the bowl, stir gently to combine.
- Serve with tortillas, chips, or veggies. In theory, you could use leftovers as a yummy spread on a turkey sandwich, a nice tostada, or in a burrito... but who has leftovers?!
- NOTE: I prefer to make this just before I want to serve it, so the avocado doesn't darken. It's best served within an hour or two, at room temp.