Zucchini Rice Salad with Pecans
J. White Harris
- 2 c
- cooked rice
- 1/2 c
- pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, sliced thin
- 2 medium
- zucchini, grated
- 1 tsp
- fresh rosemary (1 sprig)
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Zucchini Rice Salad with Pecans
- 1Chop the pecans, slice the garlic, grate the zucchini, and pull the rosemary leaves from its sprig and chop.
- 2Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the pecans and cook, stirring, until toasted and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
Note: Watch the pecans, as they are toasting, they can burn easily.
- 3Add the garlic and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- 4Stir in the zucchini, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring, until just tender and wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in the rice until well combined.
- 6Taste to check the flavor and adjust the seasonings as needed.