Zucchini Rice Salad with Pecans
J. White Harris
2 ccooked rice
1/2 cpecans, coarsely chopped
1 clovegarlic, sliced thin
2 mediumzucchini, grated
1 tspfresh rosemary (1 sprig)
2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/4 tspfreshly ground black pepper
How to Make Zucchini Rice Salad with Pecans
- Chop the pecans, slice the garlic, grate the zucchini, and pull the rosemary leaves from its sprig and chop.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the pecans and cook, stirring, until toasted and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
Note: Watch the pecans, as they are toasting, they can burn easily.
- Add the garlic and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the zucchini, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring, until just tender and wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the rice until well combined.
- Taste to check the flavor and adjust the seasonings as needed.