Cabbage Salad with Ramen Noodles
2 (3 oz) pkgchicken flavored ramen noodle soup
1 mediumcabbage head cleaned and shredded or a bag of pre-chopped slaw mix
1 bunchgreen onions
1/2 cvegetable or canola oil (your preference)
6 Tbsprice vinegar
·soy sauce to taste (optional)
1/4 cunsalted sesame seeds
3-4 Tbspunsalted sunflower seeds
2 (2.5oz) pkgalmonds, slivered
·salt and pepper (to taste)
How to Make Cabbage Salad with Ramen Noodles
- REMOVE flavor packet from both soup mixes.
RESERVE both packets.
- BREAK up the Ramen Noodles into bite size pieces and SET ASIDE
- TOSS together cabbage, green onions and sesame seeds in a bowl.
- WHISK together one packet of the soup flavor, oil and vinegar
NOTE: you may add some or all of the second packet if you want more seasoning
DRIZZLE over the cabbage mixture and TOSS
- COVER and CHILL for 1 hour
- COAT a pan with non-stick spray or you may use a small amount of oil if you choose
- SAUTE noodles and almonds over medium heat until lightly browned
- REMOVE from heat
DRAIN on a couple paper towels to remove excess oil and allow to COOL
- STIR the noodles and almonds into the cabbage mixture
- SERVE chilled and keep chilled throughout the event.
- NOTE: This salad is best if made no more than an hour before guests arrive. The crunchiness will remain for a few hours but can't be held overnight as the noodles obsorb the moisture and get soggy.