Cabbage Salad with Ramen Noodles
- 2 (3 oz) pkg
- chicken flavored ramen noodle soup
- 1 medium
- cabbage head cleaned and shredded or a bag of pre-chopped slaw mix
- 1 bunch
- green onions
- 1/2 c
- vegetable or canola oil (your preference)
- 6 Tbsp
- rice vinegar
- soy sauce to taste (optional)
- 1/4 c
- unsalted sesame seeds
- 3-4 Tbsp
- unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 (2.5oz) pkg
- almonds, slivered
- salt and pepper (to taste)
How to Make Cabbage Salad with Ramen Noodles
- 1REMOVE flavor packet from both soup mixes.
RESERVE both packets.
- 2BREAK up the Ramen Noodles into bite size pieces and SET ASIDE
- 3TOSS together cabbage, green onions and sesame seeds in a bowl.
- 4WHISK together one packet of the soup flavor, oil and vinegar
NOTE: you may add some or all of the second packet if you want more seasoning
DRIZZLE over the cabbage mixture and TOSS
- 5COVER and CHILL for 1 hour
- 6COAT a pan with non-stick spray or you may use a small amount of oil if you choose
- 7SAUTE noodles and almonds over medium heat until lightly browned
- 8REMOVE from heat
DRAIN on a couple paper towels to remove excess oil and allow to COOL
- 9STIR the noodles and almonds into the cabbage mixture
- 10SERVE chilled and keep chilled throughout the event.
- 11NOTE: This salad is best if made no more than an hour before guests arrive. The crunchiness will remain for a few hours but can't be held overnight as the noodles obsorb the moisture and get soggy.