BEET AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD BY EDDIE
2 mediumfresh beets ( red or yellow)
3ruby red grapefruits
1/4 colive oil
2 Tbspmaple syrup
2 Tbspwhite vinegar
1 tspsea salt
1/4 cchopped pistachios
How to Make BEET AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD BY EDDIE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Trim beet stems to 1 inch.
- Wash and place in a shallow pan with water. Cover with foil and roast at 350 degrees for 60-785 minutes or until tender.
- Uncover the pan and let cool. While the beets cool, peel the grapefruit by cutting a 1/4 inch slice from an end and placing the cut end on a cutting board.
- Cut the peel off in strips from top to bottom. Remove any renaming white pith, as it is quite bitter.
- Hold the peeled fruit over a bowl to collect the juice. Cut between the membranes to remove entire segments.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the grapefruit juice. For the dressing. mix the juice with olive oil, syrup. vinegar, salt and pepper. Peel the beets and slice.
- Put the arugula on a large plate. Top with grapefruit segments and the beets.
- Whisk the dressing and then drizzle it over the salad. Top with pistachios and serve